Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meant to Live for so Much MORE

Hello Peeps!
So this past weekend I went to Schlitterban at South Padre Island.  The last time I went was like 7 or 8 years ago... see I can't even remember when. It was a great time and I am glad I went and I also got in for free! Thanks to one of my friends :). During the drive back to Brownsville we were listening to some music and talking about life. I seem to always be talking to people about life. I think its because of our age. Well we were listening to Switchfoot and one song just got me, it was Meant to Live.
"We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?"
Out of the song this verse stuck to me. We get so consumed in what society throws at us. That we forget about why we are to be here and what we are to live for. We get sucked in and we don't know how to get out or we feel like we just stay here because its okay here and we are use to it. Just to let you know that God wants us to live an amazing life and he gives us the tools to live it! He will not leave us hanging, he says "Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,"(Hebrews 13:5 The Message) How comforting is that to know God is there :) even when we feel we are lost.
Just my random thoughts.... till next time CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment