Monday, September 12, 2011

I found it!

Hello World! I have been so lazy in my blogging. I have had lots of themes to write about but I have just been lazy. A lot has happened. I moved to Brownsville in June and had a job designing houses. But soon that job disappeared because there was just no work coming in for me to design, I also worked for a small business. I was kind of glad it did not work out because I really didn't like it. It is sad because I study Architecture in college. It is what I know and what I like. I still love architecture but I am glad I know that is not what I want to do. So I ended up struggling in what I should do with my life. I had no job and I didnt know what my career would be. It was a real tough time this summer. What I realize at my age is a lot of us struggle, we wonder what to do with our life, why are we hear, what is our purpose? I know what my purpose is hear in this world. And it is that I believe in Jesus and that we are to proclaim who he is. But I struggled in what I want to do with my life. As I thought about what I learned working for Destino I realized that I love counseling young adults. The more I prayed about it and thought about it. I realized that is what I want to do with my life. So I enrolled myself into school YAY! And now in the process of doing applications for grad school.... MASTERS HERE I COME! I am now so excited to know that this is where God is leading me.

I had planned years ago that at my age I would be an architect working at a firm persevering Historical Buildings and that I would be married. But of course God has other plans. We all have plans and try to make sure they happen the way we want it to. And when it doesn't happen that way we ended up feeling lost. We end up feeling discourage, miserable with all the life responsibilities that come with it. but I would like to give you some advice if you feel this way. Stay positive and encouraged that everything will be okay....Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9 NIV)  Also another verse that I liked that helped me is....Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over. But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this. The Very Tree of Life. (Proverbs 3:5-12 The Message). I hope this helps if you are struggling with where your life should be right now. Just remember you are not alone and a lot of us struggle with what we should be doing after college. 
Well its time for me to get back to studying :) till the next time bloggers. CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment